Monday 20 August 2012

COKE!



My Addiction is COKE! No, no… not the drug cocaine, but the lovely fizzy soft drink Coca Cola! It’s an addiction that started at a very young age with the little cheap bottles of cola flavoured Cadet. American Cream Soda was my favourite Cadet though! Cost 25p from what I remember! 

 

But then I had Coca Cola, instead of the usual Country Spring at a birthday party, and it was love at first sup! It’s such a unique taste. The likes of Pepsi don’t come close in my opinion… just a cheap imitation. When drinking Pepsi, you may as well be drinking Country Spring or Tesco Value as far as I‘m concerned. As their 1992 slogan says: You can't beat the Real Thing!



As tasty as Coke is, I know it’s not exactly the healthiest! Here is a list of other uses for Coke!!!!
  1. Remove grease stains from clothing and fabric
  2. Remove rust & Loosen a rusty bolt.
  3. Remove blood stains from clothing and fabric.
  4. Clean oil stains from a garage floor.
  5. Kill slugs and snails; a small bowl of Coke will attract them, the acid will kill them.
  6. Defrost a frozen windshield.
  7. Clean burnt pans.
  8. Descale a kettle.
  9. Neutralize a jellyfish sting.
  10. Clean car battery terminals by pouring a small amount of Coke over each one.
  11. Clean your engine.
  12. Make a sweet BBQ sauce. Mix a can of Coke with ketchup and brush over ribs or chicken.
  13. Cleaning Coins.
  14. Clean tile grout.
  15. Mix a can of Coke with a packet of Italian seasoning; cook a tough steak in it.
  16. Make better compost.
  17. Dissolve a tooth.
  18. Remove gum from hair.
  19. Get silky skin; mix a spoonful of Coke with regular lotion and apply liberally. 
  20. Remove stains from vitreous china. 
  21. Add Coke to your laundry to remove bad smells, especially fish. 
  22. Remove (or fade) dye from hair by pouring diet Coke over it. 
  23. Remove marker stains from carpet.
  24. Clean a toilet.
  25. Coke and aluminium foil will bring Chrome to a high shine. 



I had heard a few of those before, but some are useful as opposed to just plain gross!


There are a few varieties of Coca Cola. As far as I know, there is lemon, lime, peach, vanilla, cherry and cherry-vanilla. I tried peach Coke and vanilla Coke in Paris years ago, and haven’t seen them since. They were delicious! BUT… my favourite has to be Cherry Coke! When I live in Manchester, I was hooked to it! Sadly it’s not as available in Ireland. I’ve noticed in Boots and few discount stores. Hopefully, it’ll come to my town soon because it’s so so yum! Until then I shall be guzzling Coca Cola until I explode… a real possibility! :P


When ever mother dearest gives out to me about Coke, my reply is 'Well there's worse types of Coke to be addicted to, isn't there?!' :D

And lets face it, it isn’t Christmas until you see this truck light up your screens!



No comments:

Post a Comment