Friday 5 October 2012

October Blog Challenges: Day 5

Day 5


Supernatural Challenge

My favourite song

Simple! When epic stuff happens....



Though I must say I do have a grá for this clip of Dean doing Eye of the Tiger!




About Me Challenge

A Recipe

I'm not great in the kitchen to be honest... yes I fail as a stereotypical woman.. There was a reason I did Tech Graph instead of Home Ec in school!! Here's a Sloppy Joes recipe from early college days! Before I got comfortable with cooking chicken, I ate a lot of minced beef!

Sloppy Joes

What you need:


  • 2 pound minced beef
  • diced onion
  • diced celery
  • crushed clove of garlic 
  • can of tomato soup
  • 4 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tsp Worcestershire
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 8 burger buns
  • Add a finely chopped pepper if you like it spicy!!

What you do:


  1. Fry the minced beef until completely browned. 
  2. Add onion, garlic and celery, let fry for 5 mins over medium heat. [Add pepper here if you want them]
  3. Stir in can of tomato soup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce into pan. Season with salt. (You can add more salt if you want, say 1/2 tsp, I'm just not a fan of salt!). Simmer over low heat until cooked thoroughly. 
  4. Spoon into toasted burger buns.. 
  5. I like cheese so melt some on the burger if you fancy :)



Messy but Tasty!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment